Africa Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention’s First Consultation on the Africa Collaborative to Advance Diagnostics for Universal Health Coverage and Africa’s Health Security
From 27 – 29 June held at AU Head Quarters, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 27-29 June, 2019.
The high level consultative meeting of diagnostic leaders, Director Generals of Health Services, head of national laboratory systems, Laboratory commodity procurement and supply chain focal personnel, regulatory authorities, Centers of excellence and partners will discuss strategies to advance access to diagnostics for Universal Health Coverage and Africa’s Health Security.
Specifically, the consultative workshop will help to:
- Identify major challenges on the availability and accessibility of laboratory diagnostics
- Discuss and develop accelerated process of approval and registration of laboratory diagnostics
- Create Africa CDC advisory panel on diagnostics to facilitate access to laboratory diagnostics, synergistically with the WHO prequalification process
- Establish approval process of laboratory diagnostics during outbreak response
- Identify enabling conditions for manufacturers to assemble or manufacture diagnostics in Africa