The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) was established in 2005 as a non-profit organisation and networking alliance of African Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. The organisation has it's Headquarters in Kampala, Uganda with Seven AFENET-regional Hubs namely ;
- Anglophone West Africa : Accra, Ghana
- Nigeria : Abuja, Nigeria
- Francophone West Africa: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Central Africa & Indian Ocean : Kinshasa, D.R.C
- East Africa: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Horn of Africa: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Southern & Lusophone Africa: Harare, Zimbabwe
AFENET’s goal is to strengthen field epidemiology and public health laboratory capacity to contribute effectively to addressing epidemics and other major public health problems in Africa.
A Healthier Africa
AFENET is committed to ensuring effective prevention and control of epidemics and other priority public health problems in Africa
To strengthen field epidemiology and public health laboratory capacity and effectively contribute to addressing epidemics and other major public health problems in Africa.
- Accountability & Transparency
- Networking and Collaboration